Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) was developed in 2015 and came about from our love and passion for the local environment, sustainability and quality education. Keep an eye out for us at community events!
We aim to:
- Engage and educate Early Childhood to Secondary aged students about their local waterways and associated issues e.g. stormwater and pollution
- Build a sense of community ownership
- Link primary schools with local environmental groups
- Foster connections with their ‘local’ area
- Inspire a generation of environmental stewards who will take steps towards cleaner, more sustainable schools and community
- Empower young citizen scientists who can pass on their knowledge and passion to their peers, teachers, family and community
- Educate, that we all have environmental responsibility, but small things can help
We provide incursions (your school) and excursions at Birdsland Environmental Education Centre, Belgrave , Melbourne, Victoria.
Our Programs are aligned with the Australian Curriculum and AusVELS.
CHILD SAFE INFORMATION:
- Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) are committed to being a Child Safe Organisation.
- Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) are committed to the safety and well-being of all children and young people.
- This will be the primary focus of our care and decision-making.
- Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) have zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) are committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
- Particular attention will be paid to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as the safety of children with a disability.
- Every person involved in Environmental Education for Kids (EEK!) has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays individually and collectively to ensure that the well-being and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.